Thursday, March 12, 2009

Gigs and a Mission

My performance itinerary for this weekend takes me to Westchester county and a few different parts of New Jersey.
Thursday 8-11 PM: Cafe Mozart (308 Mamaroneck Av, Mamaroneck, NY, 914 698 4167) 
Friday 8-9 PM: Bar Saints & Sinners (205 First St, Hoboken, NJ)
Saturday 7-10 PM: the Zen Den (254 De Graw Av, Teaneck, NJ, 201 692 0700)
Sunday 12-3 PM: Frank's Waterside (7200 B River Rd., North Bergen, NJ, 201 861 0700)
On Thursday I play with a wonderful singer who is strongly influenced by Sarah Vaughn and Billie Holiday. Her name is Judi Marie Canterino.
Friday and Saturday pairs me with a fine vocalist/guitarist who plays adult contemporary style music. Jono Frolo is a jazz club owner, entrepreneur, business manager, composer, musician/singer and friend and promoter of music and musicians in Northern New Jersey.
Sunday's gig has me on solo guitar playing my regular jazz brunch gig at the beautiful Frank's Waterside.

The mission for this weekend is to touch at least one person with my guitar playing. The sound, the songs and the feeling of the music all play a very important part in this goal. I plan on working towards making someone (maybe many people) feel better, lighter, uplifted, feel a bit of joy and maybe even exhilaration through my guitar playing! I will let you know in my "After the Weekend Post" how I made out on this lofty quest. Thanks for reading this and have a wonderful, enjoyable and safe weekend.
Lou Volpe Jazz Guitar

No comments:

Post a Comment